I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

dehydrating asparagus

um

Costco had a really good deal on Asparagus $2.99 for a 2.5# bag. I purchased 3 bags and was able to fill my entire dehydrator. It took about 16 hours to dehydrate on 115 degrees. I can't wait to try these in cream of asparagus soup.

Instructions:
Trim asparagus, cut into 1" pieces. Boil large pot of water on stove. When boiling add Asparagus pieces and boil for 2 min. While they are boiling in a large bowl add 1/2 ice and 1/2 cold water.
When asparagus is done, drain and immediately place asparagus into ice water to cool. Then place on dehydrator tray and start your dehydrating process.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint