I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

ALASKA SALMON, BEANS AND RICE WRAP


ALASKA SALMON, BEANS AND RICE WRAP

5 servings

1 package (5 oz.) red beans and rice
1 can (14.75 oz.) Alaska salmon
1 cup (8 oz.) salsa con queso processed cheese blend*
5 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup chunky salsa, if desired

Prepare beans and rice blend according to package directions, omitting butter. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in salmon and processed cheese blend. Heat through 3 to 5 minutes. Portion 3/4 cup salmon mixture near center of a tortilla. Roll up envelope-style; repeat with remaining mixture. Serve with chunky salsa, if desired.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint