I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

GRILLED ALASKA SALMON BURGERS


GRILLED ALASKA SALMON BURGERS

Courtesy of Alaska seafood.org


1 can (14.75 oz.) Alaska salmon
1 T. egg powder
3 T. water
2 T. minced onions dehydrated, and reconstituted
1/4 cup thick barbecue sauce
1 cup fresh bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
4 hamburger buns or rolls

Burger Mixture: Drain salmon thoroughly, squeezing out excess moisture. In bowl, flake salmon with fork. In separate bowl mix egg powder with water, add onion, barbecue sauce and bread crumbs. Blend thoroughly until mixture is almost smooth.

Burgers: Divide and form mixture into 4 patties. Preheat broiler/oven or grill to medium-high heat. Place patties on spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill 4 to 5 inches from heat. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve on buns or rolls.

Variations: Teriyaki sauce, thick 'n chunky salsa, chili sauce, OR seafood cocktail sauce may be substituted for barbecue sauce.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint