I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

BEST Tuna Casserole

  • 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup frozen green peas
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup crushed potato chips

DIRECTIONS

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
  4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint