I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Sweet Chili - yummy


This is kind of a sweet chili, the kids and husband LOVED it!!

3/4 c. water
1 c. dehydrated TVP
1 T. olive oil
1 onion, diced or 1/2 - 1 c. of dehydrated onions, reconstituted
2 t. garlic, minced
1 large can of bushs baked beans (we used the Vegetarian style)
2 cans kidney beans
1 large or 2 small cans of tomato sauce
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies
1 pkt of chili seasoning (we used lowry's)
1/4 c. masterpiece bbq sauce.

Reconstitute TVP by boiling the water then add the tvp. Stir well, so it doesn't burn. Turn off burner. While the TVP sits, add 1 T. Olive Oil to a large sauce pan, when hot add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Then add the Tvp, mix well to coat the TVP with onion mixture. Cook about 2 more minutes. Then add remaining ingredients. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Then serve. You can garnish with sour cream and cheese if you like.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint