I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pasta with Tuna, Beans and Peas

Pasta with Tuna, Beans and Peas

1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup peas
1 can cannolini beans
1 can tuna fish
1 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 servings cooked pasta

  1. In a large pot, heat water until boiling. Cook pasta (I used linguine) according to directions.

  2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet and add peas. If the oil is too hot the water from the peas will spit. Cover and let cook for a couple of minutes.

  3. Add beans, tuna, marjoram and cayenne pepper to the peas. Cook until the beans and tuna are heated through.

  4. Before draining the pasta, add 1/2 cup or so of the cooking liquid to the beans and tuna to make a bit of a sauce. Drain pasta and top with sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint