I'm on a quest to build my food storage into a 1 year supply with foods that I know my family will eat. I've decided to keep a blog with recipes that I know my family will love and using only pantry or food storage items, and maybe in the interim this might help someone else who is also working on obtaining a 1 year supply with foods that not only your family can survive on but they will also love eating. If anyone has any recipes that they would like to add please email me at basicfoodstorage@gmail.com

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pizza dough


1 T. active dry yeast
1 c. warm water (105-115 degrees)
2 T. olive oil
1 T. honey
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 - 2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 - 2 c. all purpose flour
oil

Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl, cover and let stand until foamy (5-10 min)
Mix the oil honey, salt, and yeast mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add the flours and mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Adjust dough by kneading in more water or flour as needed for a soft dough that isn't sticky. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead in more flour 1/3 c. at a time, until dough is moderately stiff and firm to touch, about 6 min.

lightly grease cookie sheet or pizza round. Roll dough on a floured surface to form a round. Let the dough rest to rise (it will not rise much). Top with spaghetti sauce and favorite toppings.

No comments:

Food Storage Menu Planning Powerpoint